Of note were:
- near Marsh Barton Station, 10+ squabbling Song Thrushes, presumably recently arrived migrants;
- over Exminster Marsh, 30+ Swallows in three groups heading South, and a single Golden Plover circling in the mist, sounding so mournful;
- along the canal, three squealing Water Rails, also recently arrived, I think, and 5/6 singing Cetti’s;
- between Turf and Powderham Church, a Green Sandpiper, and a Wheatear;
- at the Kenn outfall, a Common Sandpiper waiting with the Red/Greenshanks for the tide to fall;
- at Starcross, the regular 150+ Turnstones roosting on the pontoon.